Anupriya Goenka is an Indian actress who works mainly in Bollywood, Web Series, and South Indian Film Industry. She is known for her role as ‘Nagmati’ in the film “Padmaavat” which was a big hit.
Anupriya Goenka was born on Friday, 29 May 1987 (age 33 years; as in 2020) in the Kanpur City of UP. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. She did her schooling from Gyan Bharati School in Saket, New Delhi and did her BCom from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College in New Delhi.
|Real Name||Anupriya Goenka|
|Profession(s)||Actress & Model|
|Career||Bobby Jasoos (2014)
Stories by Rabindranath Tagore (2015)
Sacred Games (2018-19) as 'Megha Singh'
Padmaavat (2018) as 'Nagmati'
|Height (approx.)||in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
in centimeters- 170 cm
|Weight (approx.)||55 Kg|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||29 May 1987|
|Age (as in 2020)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
|Educational Qualification||B.Com - Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, New Delhi|
|Boyfriend||Vaibhav Raj Gupta (Rumoured; Actor)
|Family||Father- Ravindra Kumar Goenka (Garment Businessman)
Mother- Pushpa Goenka (Housewife)
|Favourite Color||Red, Black|
|Favourite Actor||Leonardo DiCaprio,
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra|
Height: 5′ 7″ or 170 Cm
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Anupriya Goenka comes from a middle-class Marwari family. Her father’s name is Ravindra Kumar Goenka, he’s a former garment businessman. her mother Pushpa Goenka is a housewife. Anupriya has two elder sisters and a brother.
Anupriya Goenka Boyfriend
Vaibhav Raj Gupta (Rumoured; Actor)
Anupriya Goenka Bio
Anupriya did her schooling from the Gyan Bharti School in Saket, New Delhi. after graduation, Anupriya Goenka came to Mumbai in 2008. then she started working in the corporate sector, At the same time, she also started acting in theatre. However, she had to shuffle her career between the acting and corporate sector. She began acting in commercials, and in 2013, came into limelight when she became the face of the UPA Government’s “Bharat Nirman” ad campaign. Anupriya has appeared in Dabar, Coke, Garnier, StayFree brand TV commercials.
Anupriya Goenka became a part of two Bollywood movies named Daddy in (2017) and Tiger Zinda Hai. In 2019 Anupriya Goenka featured in TV series Abhay on Zee5 (2019) and Final call, criminal justice. she played the role of a lawyer in Hotstar series ‘Criminal Justice‘ along with Pankaj Tripathi. In The Final Call series, Anupriya featured as a Parineeta and alongside Arjun Rampal, Javed Jaffrey. Recently she has seen in Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side as Naina Nair with Barun Sobti and Arshad Warsi which is a big hit on the box office. She was set to make her acting debut with Rohan Sippy directorial 24 episodes series “Yakshi.” The pilot episode for the show was shot, but somehow, the show got shelved. She has done many Ads.
The makers of web series Panchali that is streamed on the ULLU app and its actress Anupriya Goenka are having a nasty fight. Both parties have been making serious allegations against each other.
The first three intimate scenes were to be shot in silhouette and dim light and no scene of any intimate nature were to extend beyond 30 seconds each. During the shoot of the first 3 scenes, as if was fully lit, I was once again reassured that in a post the scenes would be dimmed and on edit, the scenes wouldn’t extend beyond what discussed. Again to realize that once again I was manipulated and as each scene was released for a duration of 3 to 4 minutes in bright light,” Spotboye quoted her as saying.
She further said that she was told that Panchali is a short film, but later they released it as a web series. Anupriya added that despite all these alleged anomalies, she was ready to promote the series but she did not receive much support from the team.
Some interesting facts about Anupriya Goenka
Anupriya worked at a call center and then in the corporate sector. At the same time, she got an opportunity to attend a one-month workshop by the National School of Drama (NSD). She enjoyed the workshop and also became interested in theatre and acting.
The Indian actor, theatre director, and acting coach Neeraj Kabiwho met Anupriya during the workshop by NSD mentored her. Talking about Kabi, she said,
Neeraj sir, is my first acting teacher. One can say that he introduced me to acting. I remember how I used to go to his class from my corporate job, always scared of getting late.. as he wouldn’t have it and how my leaving at 530pm was the most confusing thing for my boss.. At that time it was just something I was doing to explore something different.. for some soul searching.. never thought of it as a career and Neeraj sir made me fall in love with acting..”
- She endorsed several popular brands like Garnier, Stayfree, Kotak Mahindra, Pepper Fry, Dabur, Federal Bank, Coke, etc.
- Anupriya Goenka is one of the most beautiful and sexiest actresses of the Indian television industry. She also appears on many modeling assignments.
- Anupriya also hosted a home shopping channel called ‘ShopCj’.
- In a lesbian advertisement, she was seen kissing Neha Panda. Anupriya surprised everyone by working in India’s first lesbian advertisement and her bold style But later a lot of controversies create over this advertisement.
- She began acting in commercials, and in 2013, came into focus when she became the face of the UPA Government’s “Bharat Nirman” ad campaign.
- She is a supporter of LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) and section 377.
- She also auditioned for the lead role Salman khan’s film, Sultan, but failed to make it in the film.
- She has acted in many Indian films and web series Stories by Rabindranath Tagore(2015), Tiger Zinda Hai (2017), War (2019), Padmaavat (2018), and Paathshala (2014), She has acted in a number of web and television series such as Sacred Games (2018-19), Criminal Justice (2019), Panchali (2019), and Asur (2020), Abhay (2019), Anupriya has worked in two short films Worth the Kiss (2013) and The Cage (2016).
- She credits Pradeep Sarkar (Writer & Director) who selected her for a political ad campaign (Bharat Nirman), for her initial success in the industry. Talking about him, she says,
It was an advertisement of a sanitary napkin by Pradeep Sarkar from where he selected me for that political ad campaign. It was Pradeep Sarkar who instilled confidence in me and changed my perception towards Bollywood. Initially, I was scared of Bollywood but after working with dada (Pradeep Sarkar) I felt that good people are there in this industry. Dada was instrumental in my initial success.”
- Anupriya is an animal lover. she has a pet dog.
- Anupriya is a supporter of section 377.
- Her official Facebook is ‘anupriyagoenka99‘ and the official Instagram name is ‘goenkaanupriya‘