Arshad Warsi is an Indian Film / Television Actor, Producer, and Singer Known for his role Circuit in Munnabhai MBBS (2003) And Lage Raho Munnabhai (2006) starring Sanjay Dutt. He was born into a Muslim family on 19th April 1968 in the state of Maharashtra.
Arshad Warsi Wiki/Biography
Arshad was born and brought up in Mumbai. His original surname is Khan, but his family opted for Warsi as their surname, after his father, became a devotee of a holy man- Waris. He did his schooling from the boarding school, Barnes School & Junior College, Devlali, Nashik district, Maharashtra. He is a national level gymnast. He was also a part of the bikers gang during teenage days. However, due to the financial problems, Arshad had to quit studies after his 10th standard. he worked in a photo lab under Bollywood director Mahesh Bhatt during the movies Kaash (1987). He is a well-known dancer and choreographer who won the “Indian Dance Competition” in 1991.
Arshad Warsi Physical Appearance
Body Measurements: 42′ chest, 35′ waist, and 14′ biceps
Height: 5’ 5” inch
Weight: 68 kg
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Hair Colour: Dark Black.
|Real Name||Arshad Warsi|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, Singer,Choreographer|
Bigg Boss 1 (2006).
Web Series: Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side(2020)
|Height (approx.)||in feet inches- 5’ 5”
in centimeters- 167 cm
|Weight (approx.)||72 Kg|
|Eye Colour||Light Brown
|Date of Birth||19 April 1968|
|Age (as in 2020)||52 years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification||Barnes School & Junior College, Deolali, Nashik district, Maharashtra (a boarding school)|
|Wife||Maria Goretti (Blogger, Former VJ MTV)|
Daughter- Zene Zoe
|Family||Father- Late Ahmed Ali Khan (Musician, Singer,)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress||Amitabh Bachchan|
Arshad Warsi Family, Wife
Arshad Warsi’s father, the late Ahmed Ali Khan, was a musician, singer. He has a stepbrother named Anwar Hussain who is a singer, and two stepsisters, Reshma and Asha Sachdev. Arshad lost his father to bone cancer and after 2 years, he lost his mother to kidney problems when he was just 19-year-old,
Arshad met Maria Goretti which was Indian-Italian by birth at Festival where he was a judge and Maria was a contestant. After seeing her dance, Arshad offered her to join his dance group and soon this duo fell in love with each other. They got married on 14 February 1999. His wife is a blogger and a former VJ on MTV. She has hosted several TV shows including Do It, Sweet, on the NDTV Good Times channel.
Arshad choreographed the song “Roop Ki Rani” from the movie “Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja” (1993) starring Anil Kapoor and Sridevi. He also choreographed the musicals of Alyque Padamsee and Bharat Dabholkar.
Arshad hosted various TV shows such as “Razzmatazz” (2001), and “Sabse Favourite Kaun Award Show” (2004), and “Bigg Boss 1” (2006).
He debuted in the movie Tere Mere Sapne (1996).
Then he appeared in movies like “Betaabi” (1997), “Mere Do Anmol Ratan” (1998), “Trishakti” (1999), “Ghaath” (2001), “Mujhe Meri Biwi Se Bachaao” (2001), “Hero Hindustani” (1998), “Hogi Pyaar Ki Jeet” (1999), and “Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani” (2002). However, Arshad got his break, only in 2003, with the character of ‘Circuit’ in the movie, “Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.” starring Sanjay Dutt. recently he appeared in Golmaal Again (2017) and Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side (2020) as DJ with Barun sobti and Anupriya Goenka
2004: Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role for Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.
2005: GIFA Best Comedian Award for Hulchul
2007: Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role, Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role, IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actor,
2007: Best Supporting Actor – IIFA Awards – Lage Raho Munna Bhai
2011: Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor for Ishqiya
2013: BIG Star Entertainment Award for Jolly LLB
- In 2001, Arshad’s comment on a slice tv commersial as “How pakao is Katrina in the Slice ad, Kairi pakadti hai aur vo aam ban jata hai… Angoor do tho shayad Wine banjayegi” was spread all over the media which turned out to be a controversial comment. But later, Arshad explained saying that, “My comment has nothing to do with Katrina. It’s called a sense of humour.”
- In 2016, he received death threats through phone calls, SMS and letters due to dialogue in his movie ‘The Legend of Michael Mishra’, the caller said that Arshad’s “body parts would be cut off” and he will be “burned alive” for saying “Daaku Valmiki se Sant Valmiki ban Jayenge.” After which Arshad tweeted to justify his stand.
Some Interesting Facts About Arshad Warsi
- Does Arshad Warsi drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was a chain smoker for around 30 years.
- At the age of 18, he lost his father, who died of bone cancer and two years later, his mother died of kidney failure.
- Due to some financial problems, he was not able to pursue his studies after 10th standard and worked as a salesman of cosmetics.
- He met his wife Maria Goretti at the Malhar Festival where he was the judge and Maria was a participant. Initially, he offered him to join his dance group and later, she became the lead dancer and started assisting him.
Arshad wasn’t the first choice for the character “Circuit” in the movie, “Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.” But, his performance was highly acclaimed after the release and also earned fame.