Barun Sobti is an Indian television/film actor and model. He is mainly known for his work in the small screen TV industry. He is well known for ‘Arnav Singh Raizada’s role in Star Plus’s “Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?.” Opposite the actress Shanaya Irani. He has a huge fan following and is loved by everyone.
Barun Sobti Bio
Barun Born on 21 August 1984, he did his schooling from St. Mark’s School, New Delhi. He never went to college, since he started working to support his family when he was just 17 years old.
|Real Name||Barun Sobti|
|Profession(s)||Actor & Model|
|Career||TV Debut: Shraddha (2009)
Star Plus : Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?(2011)
Web Series: Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side(2020)
|Height (approx.)||in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
in centimeters- 180 cm
|Weight (approx.)||72 Kg|
|Date of Birth||21 August 1984|
|Age (as in 2020)||36 years|
|Educational Qualification||St. Mark's School, New Delhi.
Did not attend college.
|Daughter||Sifat (Born on 28 June 2019)|
|Family||Father- Raj Sobti
Sister- Richa Arora
|Hobbies||Playing Football, Writing Poems.|
|Favourite Color||Red, Black|
|Favourite Actor||Amir Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Sonali Bendre, Penelope Cruze.|
|Favourite Cuisine||Chinese, Italian,|
Family, Caste, Siblings
He belongs to a Hindu/Sikh Family. He is the son of Raj Sobti. His mother is a homemaker. He has an elder sister named Richa Arora. There is not much information available about his family on the internet as the actor likes to keep his family away from social glimpses.
Barun Sobti Wife
Barun and pashmeen feel that they are just close buddies, but only when Pashmeen had to leave for Australia for her graduation, the duo realized their love for each other.
Their relationship has been one of those rare examples of true love. The world of glamour could not overshadow his love for his wife Pashmeen Manchanda.
He married his childhood friend Pashmeen Manchanda whom he met in his 9th standard. They carried a long time relationship. The couple tied the knot on 12 December 2010.
Barun wife Baby shower ceremony pic
The couple was blessed with a baby girl, Sifat, on 28 June 2019.
Barun appeared in the lead role in Sony Entertainment Television’s series “Baat Hamari Pakki Hai. He bagged the role of Arnav Singh Raizada in the tv serial “Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?.” Barun’s portrayal of an arrogant business tycoon made him an overnight star. Then, he took a break of 5 years from television and returned to the TV with the third season of “Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?”(2017). Barun has been part of many popular television serials and advertisements including, Reliance Big Tv, Deluxe Paint, Hero Honda Passion or more. Here is the complete list of his serials.
|2010||Dill Mill Gayye||Raj Singh|
|2010-2011||Baat Hamari Pakki Hai||Shravan Jaiswal|
|2011-2012||Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon||Arnav Singh Raizada|
|2017||Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon 3||Advay Singh Raizada|
He has even starred in Hotstar Originals’ web series like “Tanhaiyan” and “ALT Balaji’s The Great Indian Dysfunctional Family. Latest He appeared in Voot Original Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side as Nikhil Nair with Anupriya Goenka and Arshad Warsi
Due to some unspecified reason quit the serial ‘Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon’, the production team was about to replace his character with another actor but his fans threatened that they will not watch if Barun will not be in the show even to commit suicide if he leaves the show.
Barun takes around Rs. 1,00,000 per Episode
Some Interesting Facts About Barun Sobti facts
- Does Barun Sobti smoke?: Not Known
- Does Barun Sobti drink alcohol?: Yes
- He loves writing poems and playing football in his off time.
- Barun was a naughty child. His mother was often called by his school’s Vice Principal for his notorious acts.
- After completing his schooling, Barun went on working for 7 years as an operational manager at a BPO, Jindal Telecom, New Delhi
- He accidentally stepped into the field of acting when his best friend, ‘Karan Wahi’ was offered a role in the Television serial, ‘Shraddha’ but that didn’t work out for some reasons and Karan forwarded Barun’s images to the director and Barun got selected.
- His friends and family call him Rubble
- Barun & Pashmeen (his wife) met in the 9th standard when Pashmeen joined Barun’s class. They are in love since their school days.
- He is an avid dog lover
- He bought 3 cars at once, all three Honda City One for his father, one for his wife & one for himself.
- He stood second in the Gazette Review list of the Most Handsome Men in the World in 2017-2018
- His first income was Rs. 200 which he earned by selling a dinner set in summer job.
- Barun Sobti ranked 3rd Sexiest Asian Man by the UK Magazine, Eastern Eye, after Hrithik Roshan and Shahid Kapoor.
- Barun official Instagram ID @barunsobtisays